Saturday, February 20, 2010

English Lesson 101.

When I was younger, I had two really close friends. They were Ken and Kent.

I owe those two a huge favour. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have learnt two really important words. Two words that would be used daily, almost in every other sentence we speak or write.

When I was younger, my English was terrible and I could hardly speak a whole sentence without going wrong. However, they saved me.

Ken was a really helpful boy. He would volunteer to help whenever a situation arises. He would do it, not matter what!

Kent, on the other hand, was not really helpful. He would be reluctant, if ever willing to help, no matter the circumstances.

After years of mingling with them. I have learnt to match those two important words to their personalities, and it helped. And now my English is relatively fluent.

Those two words...

Were 'Can' and 'Can't'!

HEY CAN YOU HELP ME GET THAT BOOK ON THE SHELF?
(Remembers Ken.)
KEN!

HEY CAN YOU HELP ME GO TO THE OTHER END OF THE STREET TO FIND MY UNCLE'S GRANDDAUGHTER'S BOYFRIENDS' MOTHER?
(Remembers Kent.)
KENT!

Yeahp.

Ken = Can
Kent = Can't

No comments: