Monday, March 30, 2009

Long Live The Green.

Fly higher, Green.




I admit, I have been overly ambitious.

I admit, I have expected too much.

I admit, things could have gone better.


-----


But my members, you did not let me down.

Victory escaped us. But there wasn't much we could do about it.

Talent pool is something that's out of our hands.

Yet the things we could accomplish, we did so with distinction, and with conviction.


------



We put up a great fight.

Few would've expected us to be able to wrestle with Blue and Yellow to the very end.

But we did so, and only lost by the slightest of margins.

It was incredibly tight up there this year. We came up short but we did our best.


-----


May the next generation rise up to the occasion.

Do not relinquish possession.

Push up even harder.

Victory will not elude us much longer.


------

Anyway, as my tenure as House Captain draws to a close, I'd like to acknowledge certain people who have "Breathed Green", "Ate Green", "Slept Green" and "Lived Green" for the past few months.


Here I go,

0) The Teachers.

For being dedicated and helpful and always supporting us in every endeavor.


1) My Fellow AJKs (and other helpers.).

-Airina
-Sze Yun
-Choong Yean
-Soo Mei
-Abigail

Thank you for sharing the weight on my shoulders and helping me accomplish a brunt of the work.

2) The Decoration Team.

-Wen Dee
-Xian Qi
-Yu Xin
-Soo Mei
-Chiun Wei
-Abigail
-Rou En

And everyone else who stopped by every once in a while. Without you all, marching would've been plain, morale would have dropped and the overall mood wouldn't have been as good. Thank you for utilizing your artistic minds and helping bring The House into life!



3) The Marching Team.

-Choong Yean
Thanks for being the reliable 2nd in command and you performed admirably when called upon!

-Airina
Thank you for standing in when both me and Yean were unavailable and helping us whenever needed.

-The other 29 people who have endured the torturous sunlight rays for many many days along with the 3 of us.

Thank you for volunteering to join marching. We're an unappreciated bunch. We work the hardest, yet we don't even have a medal to show despite the win. Thus, thank you for coming to the (many) practices!



4) The Cheerleaders.

-Stephanie
-Amanda
-Jie Cheng
-Clara
-Cindy
-Asyiqin
-Rachel
-Mel
-Juat Lee
-Vin Yi
-Abigail
-Yuzana

For being sexy For doing your best and working so hard, you all deserved better, really.



5) The Athletes.

The quick, the strong and the nimble.

You people are what Sports Day really is about.

Down the years we've been less gifted in this department. But we've still managed to punch above our weight all the while. Some of you were were enthusiastic, some of you required some persuading. But nevertheless, thank you for participating!


6) Everyone else.

We cannot change the past, but we can choose the future. If we work harder.... We can do it.

Thanks for supporting The House! And thank you for having a noob like me as your captain this year. I wish you all the best for the future. I will be back. Hahahahahha. We may not have won this year, but we're edging ever closer to the coveted trophy. Press on, Greens.

A word or two for my successors:

"Failing to plan is planning to fail." Don't leave things to the eleventh hour. It's one of the mistakes I made this year. Don't do the same. :)

And above all else, value teamwork. For teamwork is a magical spell that makes a group of people more than just the sum of its parts. Do you best, our time is due.

Yours Truly,

liQi.


I may not have won anything at the end of the day, but I sure made many new friends and had a heck lot of fun!

Hopefully it's the same for you. :)

No comments: