Friday, July 24, 2009

Generations.

It seemed like just yesterday, I would be the one eagerly anticipating the shout of the commander and line up steadfastly in our lines.

It seemed like just yesterday, I would be the one who was on the ground, laying prone on the ground, accepting punishment, until the commander shouted 'UP!'

It seemed like just yesterday, I would be the one standing in front of the stage, singing to the song loudly, and proudly.

It seemed like just yesterday, I would be happily clutching my badge, basking in the success of promotion.

It seemed like just yesterday, I would be listening quietly to the instructions of my seniors, awaiting their orders.




But that was 'yesterday'. Today, is a different day.

A different reign comes with a different leader.

Different ideas rise up to replace obsolete ones.

That, is 'Generations.'




Today, I'm a different person.

Today, I am the one who signals for them to queue up.

Today, I am the one who punishes and the one that shouts 'UP!'

Today, I stand atop the stage, leading them in the song.

Today, I am the proud senior giving out the badges to the up and coming youngsters.

Today, I am the planner, distributor and executor.




Growth is an amazing thing.

I'm not here to boast or anything.

But for those who doubt yourself.

Stop. You'll never know where you'll be in a few days, let alone a few years.

Have faith in yourself and press on.

One day, you'll climb to the top.

No comments: