Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Misunderstood?

Sometimes I find the actions of certain teachers very unfathomable.

Today, I was walking off from class during transition before a teacher came in. I was heading for the toilet due to some stomach pain (has been happening a lot lately too) and unfortunately, without a pass.

I walked and walked.

First sign of danger: Puan Zubaidah walks out from her class.

"It should be alright, just greet her and walk away!" I thought to myself.

I greeted her, and tried to further the distance between the two of us.

But she called out.

"Nak pergi mana?"

"Nak ke tandas, cikgu." I replied.

"Mana pas kamu?"

".... Maaf, tak ada cikgu dalam kelas."

"Pergi dapatkan pas dulu."

"Ya, cikgu, terima kasih."


Damn, that was trouble. But I don't begrudge her one bit. She was just doing her job as per the school's protocol. Besides, she wasn't being hostile.

So I trudged back the other way of the corridor. Ah I spotted Teacher X.

I went up to her and asked if she could lend me his/her pass!

I was thinking to myself, he/she is such a well liked teacher, surely he/she wouldn't mind lending his/her pass for me for a while!

Oh how wrong was I.

Despite his/her reputation of being a good teacher and a generally well-liked person. He/she would not lend me his/her pass. For the reason being he/she has to go off now.

I offered to return his/her pass to wherever he/she is headed to now, but to no avail.

He/she was steadfast and stubborn to not lend it to me.



And that is infuriating and unfathomable.

You would think, with the school placing such importance on discipline nowadays that you have to have a pass regardless of where you're going, so long as you're leaving the threshold of your class, that teachers would be willing to lend their passes to students who have no teachers in their class, not least those that really really need to go off.


BUT NOOOOOOOOOO! He/she won't let me.

Luckily for me though, Puan Karamjit was nice enough to lend me her name tag, an 'alternative pass' as she puts it.

And then there's another case.

Teachers who don't bring passes, AT ALL!

HOW THE HECK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO USE THE WASHROOM ('LEGALLY') WHEN WE REALLY NEED TO THEN?

With passes at a premium (one pass per teacher), I really cannot understand why they would choose to leave it on their desks and run the risk of letting their students get caught for supposedly 'pontenging class.' And then they'll go on and whine about how the student shouldn't have left class in the first place.


OH PLEASE LA, WHEN YOU HAVE TO GO, YOU HAVE TO GO!


Where got people like this one!

"TEACHER I WANT TO GO TOILET, ABSOLUTELY NEED TO!"

"No, I have no pass, you'll have to hold it in for two more periods."

"BUT TEACHER, WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH NEEDS TO GO IMMEDIATELY!"

"I don't care, hold your horses right there, for 80 minutes."

"TEACHER, THIS HORSE IS THREATENING TO STAMPEDE ALL OVER US SOON!"

"Then that's too sad. Go hide in a corner now."

"TEACHER, WHY YOU DO THIS TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! YOU TOOK MY HEART, SHATTERED IT WITH YOUR MERCILESS WORDS INTO MANY THOUSAND PIECES, THRUST ME TO THE ENDLESS VOID OF DARKNESS AND LEFT ME TO ROT THERE, WAITING FOR THE TOUCH OF ICE COLD DEATH TO CLAIM ME. DO YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL? I FEEL LIKE A CASTRATED MAN GASPING FOR HELP AS THE EXECUTIONER TRIES TO CASTRATE ME ANOTHER TIME! THIS FEELING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND THREE POINT ONE FOUR ONE FIVE NINE TWO (pi) BIT! IT'S ENDLESS SUFFERING FOR ETERNITY!"

"Shush. Enough ranting, I have to teach pendidikan moral now."

"OH MY GOD YOU'RE A MORAL TEACHER! YOU'VE JUST INDUCED EVEN MORE SORROW INTO MY ALREADY-SHATTERED HEART, THREATENING TO SWALLOW ME INTO THE VERY DEPTHS OF THE ABYSS OF SORROW! OH NO I HAVE TO GOOOOOOOO!"

*Student goes to a corner and emo.*

*Classes smells like something some time later.*




I don't say this much, but seriously, WTF?


p/s: Puan Leow teaches physics infinite times better than Mr. Ravi.

1 comment:

Jenn Chew said...

HAHA X 10.

lazy to laugh online.
study.
GYM TOMORROW. MUAHAHA.

shit. mark. i'll send your greetings.