Saturday, August 8, 2009

Growing up.

Who I am hates who I've been, and long will that continue as I grow older.

I've been reading some of my old posts. While I recognize my quirky self in them, I sometimes wonder if I really behaved and talked like that in the past?

In hindsight, many of the things I used to hold with high importance now seem childish and foolish. It leaves me noticing that our understanding of the world and its people really scales with maturity.

Perhaps many years from now, or even just next year, I'll look back to past posts and ponder the same thing, thinking how inappropriate some of the things I've said/did are.


---


But growth is a gift from God.

All humans are endowed with it. You and I are no different.

We grew from oblivious infants to energetic children to youthful teenagers and someday we'll grow into elegant ladies and charming gentlemen before finally settling in the role of the doting parents, helping our children grow just as our parents did for us.

And the way we think and our perspective consistently varies as we grow up.


---


Really though, the above is just food for thought.

Do not dwell and mull over it for too long.

The important thing is living in the moment.

The time will come when we are fathers and mothers and grandfathers and grandmothers.

But for now, don't think too far ahead and just live your life as a teenager exploding with youth, exuberance and energy!

After all, time never returns, now's the only chance to live a precarious (and preferably proper) teenage life!

:)



Live life!

No comments: