Sunday, August 9, 2009

Rehab.

I've been told I should write more stupid stuff.

---

One day, Johnny went to the Manhattan Fish Market which was, weirdly, not in Manhattan but in Mutiara Damansara. He sat down, and waited patiently for his friend, Puppy to arrive.

Two hours thirteen minutes and forty-six seconds passed, no sight of Puppy.

"Damn, he ditched me." Johnny lamented.

Having been stood up multiple times now, he grew restless, and furious.

His attempt to drown his fury in wine and beer failed. As predicted, he instead lost control of himself and suffered a certain degree of amnesia.

"THERE IS NO HOPE LEFT IN THIS WORLDDDD! NONEEE AT ALL! LOOK! EVEN THE SKY IS DARK AND PITCH BLACK!"

"It's the night, Sir, don't be too surprised."

"INFIDELLL! HOW THERE YOU RETORT THE GREAT MAN-WITH-NO-NOSE, VOLDEMORT!? THE SKY IS DARK BECAUSE THERE IS NO HOPE - AND I DON'T CARE IF MANDY MOORE IS SINGING 'ONLY HOPE'! IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF SOME PUNY NIGHT TIME!"

He raised his straw with unmatched vengeance and pointed at the waiter who retorted him, giving the waiter a 'killing face' that struck fear down his spine.

"ABRA KADABRA ALAKAZAM!"

The waiter, stunned by the gibberish spoken by Johnny, tried to decipher it...

"A BRA! CUT A BRA! ALLAH, CURSE THEM!"

... An all out war broke lose.

---


........... But, I digress, seeing how my wild my imagination can get sometimes.

Without further ado, enter 'Rehab!'

... No, not Amy Winehouse.


---


My parents always tell me that I'm a computer addict who cannot pass a normal day without touching the computer.

And for now, they are right.

Seeing as the almighty trial exams are coming up real soon. I thought it's about time I start my rehabilitation.

According to my mother... My 'condition' began right after my UPSR. Seeing every exam after UPSR as just mere formality, I started my devil-may-care attitude with my academics, beginning with a worse than usual final exam results and now culminating with near-chronic laziness.

Before that, I was quite disciplined with my computer usage. Averaging no more than two hours a day.

Now, replicating that today would be near impossible.

But I shall promise myself, that I shall only do the bare minimum required on my computer and spend more time elsewhere!

Even though nowadays I don't play games on my computer anymore, I'm still clocking too much time in front of the computer. :(

But, I have now awakened to the fact that I can find entertainment elsewhere too and not need the computer as much!

(and this is the part where my mum goes: 'A bit late right, boy...')

E.g.: Piano, sports, and of course studies! (okay maybe that's not really entertainment.)


---


It pains me to say this... But...






Sorry computer, I'm filing a divorce!

No comments: